softcoding accepts_list_

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: softcoding accepts_list_
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 10:23:29 +0100

hi,

I'm attempting to softcode \accepts and friends. Should the order of \accepts
calls be significant in absence of appropriate \defaultchild? I.e., if we have

\layout {
\context {\Score  \accepts "Foo" \accepts "Bar" }
\context {\name Foo \accepts "Baz" }
\context {\name Bar \accepts "Baz" }
}

\new Score \new Baz { c d e }

.. then the path to Baz is ambiguous. Should we ideally throw a warning and
randomly pick either foo or bar, or should the order be defined by the order
of the \accepts calls?

I would like the first approach better, because ambiguous context paths are
rare and should be clarified; the \defaultchild mechanism should be
sufficient for normal uses.

--
Erik