Re: request for combined accent

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: request for combined accent
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 09:22:22 +0100

You can easily define markup commands for all these combinations yourself,
for example

\version "2.10.0"
dnormlegato = \markup{\override #'(baseline-skip . 0.9) \center-align {\musicglyph #"scripts.tenuto" \musicglyph #"scripts.sforzato" } } unormlegato = \markup{\override #'(baseline-skip . 0.9) \center-align { \musicglyph #"scripts.sforzato" \musicglyph #"scripts.tenuto" } }

{c'_\dnormlegato c'^\unormlegato }

Note that I made separate down/up versions, to get the tenuto closest to the
stave, but I'm not sure what the standard typesetting practice is when you
typeset such a combination below the stave.

If you are picky about the layout, you will notice that in the example above,
the tenuto is too short compared to the sforzato. One alternative might
be to instead input c^"≥" (you may have to use some Character Map
program to find that symbol) and save the file using UTF-8 encoding.
Then the symbol will be typeset using some appropriate text font.

/Mats

yota moteuchi wrote:
Hi,

since I didn't found them in Lilypond I thought it was a good idea to post there

I'm looking for the symbol representing some combined accents as shown
there http://www.dolmetsch.com/musictheory21.htm

up to now, the "legato & staccato" combined accent exist and have a
shortcut : a-_
but if you try to put a compound "normal & legato" : a \accent
\tenuto, it prints an ugly result.

could this be added to a next release ?

Thank you all

yota