Re: Participating in Lilypond

From: Daniel Tonda
Subject: Re: Participating in Lilypond
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 01:47:15 -0600

Thanks for the encouragement.

I can help with es.po (Franciso and I would probably have to organize ourselves). I can also contribute es_MX.po, because spanish as spoken in Mexico is different than spanish spoken in Spain.

I would be thrilled to cooperate in the lilypond.org web doc. That comes in the source tarball? Or do we start from the documentation tarball?

This is the first time that I attempt to participate in something with such a large scale as lilypond-documentation, so any orientation is welcome.

Daniel Tonda C.

2006/12/4, John Mandereau <address@hidden>:
Daniel Tonda wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> I'd like to participate in LilyPond. I've helped in translations for
> other open source endeavours, like noteedit and hydrogen to spanish.
>
> For hydrogen I've translated the users manual to spanish (from
> english), and currently I'm working on the tutorial.

> Since I canĀ“t participate in sponsoring requests or such, at the
> moment, and I've found LilyPond to be so useful I'd like to
> contribute.

That's very cool!
You may want to make a team with another Spanish user, Francisco Vila;
see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2006-11/msg00040.html

Jan and me are currently working on the documentation build
infrastructure, so translated docs can be integrated within the English
docs. If you want to start translating the docs, you may start with the
tutorial from 2.10 version.

However, when French translations started one year ago, the developers
had suggested us to start with the web site lilypond.org, because it has
a much bigger audience than the docs. The Spanish translation file of
LilyPond messages (es.po) also needs a big revision (it seems to have
been last revised 4 years ago!).

Cheers,

A LilyPond French translator