Re: LilyPond wiki, was Re: writing a 'development with gub' howto

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: LilyPond wiki, was Re: writing a 'development with gub' howto
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 22:51:28 +0100

Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, Erik Sandberg wrote:
>
> > http://lilypondwiki.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=Development_with_GUB
>
> Great! I noticed that this site runs mediawiki. Any chance to get the
> LilyPond extension installed?

At first sight, I's say no according to Tuxfamily hosting policy: they
warmly accept to install software as long as it can be useful for all
hosted sites. LilyPond extension doesn't fit in this rule. It might be
possible to ass it though, thanks to sponsoring. Anyway, they'll need to
boost their servers if they want to run LilyPond :-p

> Also, there is another Wiki,
> http://www.wikihost.org/wikis/lilypond/programm/gebo.prg, and the Snippets
> repository. Maybe there is a chance to unify them? (Obviously, I'd like
> tuxfamily to be the unified one, because then the LilyPond extension,
> which I spent quite some time to write, would be finally put to use.)

The wiki on wikihost.org has actually been entirely moved to the one on
tuxfamily.org. I've just made it more "visible" on the old wiki.

Do you mean you'd like LSR and the wiki on tuxfamily.org to be unified?
This seems unlikely to me (it would be technically tricky), and it's not
necessary as long as lilypond.org, LSR and the wiki are linked each
other, and all stuff on the wiki is restricted to what doesn't already
fits in the existing sources of informations. Of course, the latter
point is discutable, but IMO stuff like tutorials for LilyPond
contributors is more welcome on a wiki than in LilyPond documentation or
on lilypond.org.

John Mandereau <address@hidden>