Re: updates on branch jneeman

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: updates on branch jneeman
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 15:59:13 +0100

Joe Neeman escreveu:
> Now that I have my git woes sorted out, I have some new changes in the
> jneeman branch. The main changes:
>
> 1) use skylines for vertical spacing in VerticalAlignment (ie. use in
> within the system as well as between systems)
>   - as part of this change, I've removed support for
> self-alignment-interface and align-interface in the same grob. Is this a
> problem (nothing currently uses this combination)?

I think not. It's probably a remnant from the time that break-alignment
piggybacked
on align-interface.

>   - this allows us to fix #26
> 2) use skylines for horizontal spacing even when one of the columns is
> non-musical.
>   - as part of this change, items in the spacing problem read the
> 'padding property (should I create a new property with a different
> name?) and expand the space they require by that amount. This allows us
> to set BarLine #'padding = 0.1 and fix issue #10

I'm not sure if this is the right solution; it might be that adjusting the
springs is a better approach. There is already quite elaborate tuning going
here for springs.

In any event, the name padding should be changed; it's already used a lot for
(mostly vertical) padding in side-position-interface. Maybe it's possible to
integrate the functionality of no-spacing-rods into the property as well.

>   - this change also removes a fair chunk of unused code. If it's OK,
> I'll try to do something similar for note-spacing

which code is that?

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com