Re: pure accidental height

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: pure accidental height
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 08:58:59 +0200

On 12/28/06, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,

(define pure-print-callbacks
  (list
   ly:bar-line::print
   ly:note-head::print
   ly:accidental-interface::print
   ly:dots::print
   ly:clef::print
   ly:text-interface::print
   ly:script-interface::print))

I'm not sure if this appropriate: the accidental does a suicide() in
case it is a tie-reminder in the middle of the line. Currently this
happens in accidental_interface::after_line_breaking, so the height
estimation doesn't cause accidentals to be killed incorrectly, but I
suspect it does estimate height incorrectly for tie reminder
accidentals.

OK, but accidental pure-height is important, so we can't just remove it from the list, we need a pure-height callback. The actual print callback is safe, right? So I can make a callback that checks whether there is a tie and whether it is in the middle of the line and returns ly:grob::stencil-height otherwise?