Re: ties, chords, and multiple voices

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: ties, chords, and multiple voices
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 16:37:37 +0100

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
Werner LEMBERG escreveu:
This is more or less the same feature request as
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2006-12/msg00841.html
and
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2006-12/msg00842.html
Indeed!  I missed that somehow.  And his <<< ... >>> suggestion is
also very nice.  In the background I already hear Erik opposing to
this because it's not Scheme :-)

Forget about syntax for a moment. For now, the problem is how to handle
this at engraver/context level.
I think the approach should be to have an engraver at Staff level,
which will collect especially tagged tie-events and attach them to
noteheads from a different Voice.
Right! I did a quick experiment to move the tie engraver to the Staff level
but it didn't really work well.

  /Mats