Re: GIT pull error

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: GIT pull error
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 19:12:33 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007, Daniel Tonda wrote:

> 2007/1/20, Jean-Charles <address@hidden>:
> > on Mandriva 2007, with git version 1.4.4.3 I had until now no problem at
> > all.  But I just got
> >
> > $ git pull git://git.sv.gnu.org/lilypond.git/ web/master:web/master
> > fatal: protocol error: bad line length character
> > Fetch failure: git://git.sv.gnu.org/lilypond.git/
> > fatal: protocol error: bad line length character
> > Failed to find remote refs
> > No changes.
>

> On ubuntu edgy I also get the same error. I can no longer pull, I also
> tried the fetch command on the instructions on:
> http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=blob_plain;f=README;hb=web/master

I saw this error mentioned on the git list, and could also reproduce it,
but it seems to be an error on the server side. Maybe

        $ git pull http://git.sv.gnu.org/lilypond.git/ \
                web/master:web/master

works (note the "http://"; instead of "git://")? Unfortunately I don't have
time today to track down the error.