Re: one-pass vertical stretching

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: one-pass vertical stretching
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 13:49:41 +0200

On 1/22/07, Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> wrote:

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> Joe Neeman escreveu:
>
>>     as long as the children don't override minimum-Y-extent, it should work.
>>

>> But they do. In engraver-init.ly <http://engraver-init.ly>, every staff
>> overrides minimum-Y-extent.
>>

> This might have been from a time that we didn't have such advanced vertical
> spacing. IIRC, the purpose of Staff minimum-Y-exent was to ensure a modicum
> of even space in case of single-staff

Adjusting minimum-Y-extent is the main method described in the current
manual
for adjusting the spacing inside a system. I hope you hackers make sure
to keep the documentation up to date.

Han-Wen is suggesting not setting Staff minimum-Y-extent by default. It will still be available for tweaking (but thanks anyway for keeping an eye out for necessary doc changes).