Re: I want ledger lines in middle of staff, or dashed staff lines

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: I want ledger lines in middle of staff, or dashed staff lines
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 10:07:39 +0100

As far as I can see from the implementation, the ledger lines are only
typeset if the note pitch is outside the staff, so some C++ hacking would
be needed to get a clean solution for you. It should be possible to fool
LilyPond, though, by typesetting the note heads one octave too high
(for example) so they get ledger lines, and then move everything back to
the desired position using extra-offset for all involved layout objects.

  /Mats

Kevin Dalley wrote:
I want to introduce ledger lines in the middle of a staff which has
some missing lines.  Alternatively, I could using dashed or dotted
lines in these locations.

I'm working on chromatic staffs, using 6-6 Tetragram by Richard
Parncutt as a starting point. http://web.syr.edu/~pwmorris/mnma/gallery/4LineNotations.html

I want to place a ledger lines between the groups of 4-line staffs, as
in the images above.  Alternatively, these ledger lines could be
replaced with dashed or dotted lines and look otherwise like a
standard staff line.  Does anyone have ideas on how to do this?

My chromatic staff is still simple, but moving forward.  My current
chromatic staff output is here:

http://www.kelphead.org/chromatic/

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing