Re: German quotes in the manual

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: German quotes in the manual
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 12:00:28 -0700

Till Rettig wrote:
Do you have any idea? I would like German douple quotes for @qq (that is double "comma" in the beginning and the starting English double quote for the end), accordingly for @q only on sign, and I think, the marks for @quote (do I get this now right? I think, so far they look like an grave accent and an apostrophe) should be the same as for @q. What is by the way the difference between the last two?

I can also try to check it out myself if you have some hints: where would I find those commands for texinfo?

The @q and @qq macros are defined in macros.itexi. I'm not certain that I understand the question, though, so this might be the answer you're looking for.

Another question goes to compiling: I got the translated sources compiled and there was an out directory in both the main directory and Documentation. But it didn't contain anything that I could use like the web interface for the documentation. Where are they generated and can I watch them without installing lilypond?

make web

You can build them without compiling lilypond (ie with the binary download) -- that's how I do it all the time. I run this command: nice make LILYPOND_EXTERNAL_BINARY=~/Apps/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/lilypond web

YMMV with a different operating system.