Re: Patch for yet again new noteheads (triangle-shaped)

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Patch for yet again new noteheads (triangle-shaped)
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 17:42:01 -0300

2007/4/3, Trevor Bača <address@hidden>:
> In the attached PDF I see that there is sometimes a small white gap
> between a note line and the base of the triangle.  I consider this
> bad.  IMHO, both the top and base of the triangle should slightly
> overlap with the note lines (this is, they should extend to the
> vertical center of a note line) to avoid it.

Hi Max - Can you send out the first attachment we did where the bases
of the triangles do, in fact, touch the stafflines?

Werner - We tried exactly that and the result was optically that notes
in a staffspace (and that therefore connect to an adjacent staffline)
appear a bit larger than notes on a staffline (that therefore do not
connect to an adjacent staffline). The gap was an attempt to
neutralize that optical effect, but perhaps it doesn't quite work.
What other strategies are there?

I would try overshooting the triangle tip through the staff line.