Re: translating the pics in the engraving essay

From: Till Rettig
Subject: Re: translating the pics in the engraving essay
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 22:27:32 +0300

Graham Percival wrote:
Till Rettig wrote:
Then I removed naive-notation.png in the directory site/images and created naive-notation.svg in the directory site/graphics

I don't recommend this; svg images at least don't work in firefox on OSX. I'd be pleasantly surprised if they work easily on other OS as well. For something like the intro engraving essay, we really want to be certain that it works everywhere.
No, the svgs aren't used for displaying, they are the base for the pngs that are actually displayed. The point is that since svg is text format (xml) you can change them, so creating different language versions from one file is possible. Then you convert them to png for the use in the web page.