Re: input/tolsr/

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: input/tolsr/
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 14:56:42 +0200

As long as we all
agree that this is a temporary solution, waiting either for LSR
to support multiple LilyPond versions and always stay up to date
with the latest LilyPond releases or conversely for LSR to be fully
integrated with the LilyPond releases, then it's fine.
I don't think that either of those will happen. I agree that it makes life a bit harder for Trevor and the like... but I think we only have a dozen serious users who track unstable.
Just as some others on the list, I think the numbers are slightly higher.
However, we should not forget about all the users who stay with old
versions, for different reasons. I think it's great that the documentation
and collection of examples is available on-line for so many old versions,
which does not only help users that are stuck with an old version but also
users that try to update an old .ly file and want to figure out why some
strange construct was used at that time.

Also, when a new stable version is released, you should expect a transition
period of a number of months where we have large user groups both on the
previous stable and the latest stable and it would be great if LSR could be
available for these multiple versions.

  /Mats