Translation of the lilypond-binary

From: Till Rettig
Subject: Translation of the lilypond-binary
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 13:19:33 +0300

Hi

I found that in the German version of the lilypond binary translation there are some untranslated entries. How is the way here with translating? As far as I can understand they have been initially translated by a translation project (from sourceforge?). But version number is 2.9 and last revision date is last october, while creation date is last december.

So my questions:
Are these po files always updated if new strings appear in the lilypond binary or do I have to make a up to date version before I start translating? And then: can I just update the date for the revision and the version number? Is it ok, if I first commit it to the translation tree?

Greetings
Till