Re: Doc split: "program usage"

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Doc split: "program usage"
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 01:43:38 -0700

John Mandereau wrote:

Done.  The detailed commit message says everything.  I've done more than
just creating the basic framework, but I really wanted to sync the
translation infrastructure with this new scheme, run make and 'make web'
and check the docs, in order to fix the greatest possible number of
bugs.  I hope you can start working on the program usage docs with a
working infrastructure :-)

Thanks, it's working great!

In general I like to make multiple small changes (ie make many patches, spread over a series of days). Will this cause a problem for the translations? I'm thinking of node names in particular -- when I'm working on big doc changes, I'll create new nodes, work on the section(s), change some node names, remove some nodes that I created a week ago, etc.

Can I work this way without creating a ton of warnings for the translation infrastructure, or should I just work on this for a week and then make one huge patch with the final version?

As a good example of this, see my first change to lilypond-program. I don't think that the final version of this document will have a section called "notes for the OSX app" -- actually, I'm not even sold on the chapter name "setup" -- but I don't want to get bogged down thinking of names at the moment.