Re: Punctuation after @ref

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Punctuation after @ref
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 17:32:24 +0200

Le samedi 18 août 2007 à 19:11 +0200, Werner LEMBERG a écrit :
> > > @ref{...} must *always* be followed by punctuation.
> >
> > Werner, can you tell what the real rule is?
>
> See below the snippet from the texinfo manual.  I haven't yet checked
> how to handle languages other than English.

Thanks for the explanation, and sorry for not reading Texinfo manual.
This rule can also apply to French and (I suppose) to other European
languages, although it sometimes sounds too heavy with too much commas.
Well, punctuation after @ref is not an issue for translated docs until
Info has i18n support*, as we currently don't generate Info files of
translated docs.

* see Texinfo TODO list to see what I mean, I also plan to send precise
i18n-related feature requests when they become clear in my mind.

John