Different file lengths and line numbers (Re: Broken Spanish documentatio

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Different file lengths and line numbers (Re: Broken Spanish documentation)
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 03:03:24 +0200

El Sat, 25 de Aug de 2007, a las 10:55:25PM +0200, John Mandereau dijo:

> Not really; what matters is which case (upper- or lower-) works.  My
> recent commit messages to Git tell you all the details -- pull then do
> "git log", and if you want to see a particular diff, do "git show
> <COMMITTISH>".
>
> HTH,

Yes, of course it does help. I used to view these details in the savannah web
interface or in gitk

As you say, the question is which case works, but it's clear that in the
originals there aren't any accented characters to lost :) so one can well be
confident in that it works when in fact it doesn't.

In 5f86d989... you have reformatted my two-line Spanish paragraph (a
translation of the two-line English one) onto a four-line paragraph.
Note that Spanish language is more verbose than English (compare any manuals).
Reformatting is fine and I know that long lines are not pretty. But,
if the translated files do not have exactly the same paragraph in the very same
line numbers of the ones in the originals, it is almost impossible to
follow and locate the changes in the originals and update the translations. So,
please let's think in a method of locating the cursor to the
translated paragraph corresponding to a modification in the original, or let's
keep the line numbers intact.

Sorry for all this verbose English, I'm really still thinking in Spanish.

--
Francisco Vila Doncel. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org