Re: Any possibility to define a new accidental-style ?

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Any possibility to define a new accidental-style ?
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 21:35:53 +0200

> I have thought a bit about it, but unfortunately I cannot see that it
> will be possible without recoding the whole representation of temporary
> key signatures. And even then I am not sure how it should be done.

I've been trying all sort of ideas (none of them was right, though)
with the laziness property, which appears in
lily/accidental-engraver.cc at line 139. Currently, this property has
to be set to a boolean value (if I understand correctly); but what if
it could accept an integer, which could be the number of notes the
accidental lasts?

Or else, maybe there could be such variables as from_same_measure or
from_previous_measure when calculating the Accidental_result (line
189, same file). I do not have the required skills to understand C++
though -- I'm already having a pretty hard time learning Scheme -- so
this is just a long shot.

> Are there others than Valentin that wants this feature?

Maybe we'd better ask on -user; however I'd be surprised if I happened
to be the only one: as I already mentioned several months ago, this
rule is commonly applied in almost every contemporary French scores I
know (Salabert publisher, etc.).

Rune, thank you very much for having thought about it. I hope a
solution can be found -- and will :)

Regards,
Valentin