Re: For future 2.14 doc discussion -- increasingly realistic musical exa

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: For future 2.14 doc discussion -- increasingly realistic musical examples
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 15:33:34 -0500

On 8/30/07, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2007/8/30, Trevor Bača <address@hidden>:
>
> > The first example -- the one for \fatText -- was quite difficult to
> > come up with. I looked at the existing \fatText last night and thought
> > "what possible musical context is there for making text open up a gap
> > in the middle of a score; where on earth would this occur?". I looked
>
> Actually, I think fatText was a hack that was sometimes necessary
> before we had Joe's nice skylining positioning.  With 2.12, it's use
> is very limited.

Well even better. Because then the doc page looks even sharper.

(And I agree: the way to handle that situation is systematically, like
Joe's doing, or, failing that, by setting padding values of notes and
barlines and such, all of which are better treated in sections on
spacing rather than on text, imo.)

--
Trevor Bača
address@hidden