Re: GDP: length/page-splitting of subsections

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GDP: length/page-splitting of subsections
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 09:22:39 -0700

Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Hi Reinhold,

They are all ornaments to a note.

At the very least, there are more (and more complex) things you can do with dynamics (in Lilypond), and so that section alone would be long enough to deserve its own HTML page.

I'd certainly say so... but there's a large element of "the customer is always right" here.

The all-in-one HTML page is **5 megs**. I'm astounded that so many people (ie more than 0) are choosing to download that monster _every time_ they want to look something up in the docs. That's a terrible waste of bandwidth, especially if you consider that the answer they're looking for is probably 1k of text and 100k of example picture. To me, that sounds like a terrible indictment of how badly organized the docs are.

Let me phrase this question differently:
- if you currently use the all-in-one HTML page, how could we organize the non-all-in-one docs such that you use them?

Remember that you can search the docs online as part of LSR.