Re: sectioning script

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: sectioning script
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 07:30:14 +0200

Le samedi 15 septembre 2007 à 17:39 -0700, Graham Percival a écrit :
> Hi John,
>
> Given the debacle with my attempt to help the sectioning, I'll leave
> everything else to you.

OK, but I'll do it slower than you because I'm busy until the
weekend :-P

>   I still feel bad about leaving so much, so I
> wrote this python script for doing the
>       @node
>       @subsection
> ->
>       @anchor{}
>       @unnumberedsubsec
> replacement
>
> It works fine on basic-notation and advanced-notation.
> instrument-notation needs a bit of manual work, because Ancient and
> Vocal have subsubsections.  In regards to GDP, do whatever it takes to
> make those files compile; when we get to them, they'll be rewritten to
> avoid anything deeper than @subsections.
>
> AFAIK, this script should work similarly well on the translations, but
> I'm not going to tempt fate by trying it myself.  :)

The script should behave the same way with all languages, because docs
in all languages use the same Texinfo syntax.

I'm sorry to be the current speed bottleneck of the GDP, I will have
enough time to do it on Friday or Saturday only.

Cheers,
John