Re: Accidental-restructuring (major)

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Accidental-restructuring (major)
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 21:34:16 +0200

Rune Zedeler skrev:

I have another request though. If you are going to rewrite the thing,
can you think of a representation which is less fragile than the
arcane nesting of lists?

I am not sure what you mean with 'nested lists'.

Unless, ofcourse, you are referring to the localKeySignature, not to the list of rules?

I have never heard of scheme records, and R5RS does not mention them.

I found it in the guile manual.
Sorry.
Looks like a good idea to use a list of records for the local key signature.

Though, if I should change the representation of the localKeySignature, I would also have to change the representation of the keySignature - which I am somewhat reluctant about. The KeySignature is much more directly accessed by the end user than the localKeySignature, and therefore making a change of representation of keySignature is a much bigger decision than making a change of representation of localKeySignature.
I will need some help with making convert-ly-rules.

-Rune