Re: translations

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: translations
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 09:54:07 +0200

michał poręba writes:

> OK, so first I will learn git and other tools you mentioned. Then I
> start with translating.

Great!  If there is anything that you need help on, that is not clear,
please send an email to the lilypond list.  John Mandereau is
coordinating the translations.

> Then I will start translating the web page as you say. And later we will see
> if there is still time to do tutorial translation.

Good!

> I see that you are hard working on documentation, reorganising
> everything. How may I fit in it with my translation? Should I work
> as a easy helper? Should I send my translations every week?

Whenever you want.  There is a major reorganisation going on, but
that does not involve the website.

> Francisco, how do you check (and how often) if the page you have
> translated has changed?

You type

     make LANG=pl check-translation

in the website tree, and it will show you what has changed in the original
pages, since you translated them.  This is documented in the README file
of the website.

Good luck,
Jan.