Re: Git strategy for GDP

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Git strategy for GDP
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 11:31:22 -0700

John Mandereau wrote:
1) We keep both branches independent, and we'll rebase lilypond/gdp on
top of master after stable/2.12 has been derived from master.  This will
require reverting in master some translations and possible doc fixes
that were/will be committed to both master and lilypond/gdp, just before
rebasing.

There are no doc fixes going into master, and I plan on keeping it that way until 2.12 is out.

2) We regularly merge master into lilypond/gdp to take advantages of bug
fixes in Lily code, and we'll push lilypond/gdp to master after
stable/2.12 has been derived from master.

I'll leave the discussion about merge/rebase/foo (and delete/prune/bar) to others. I just want to confirm that when 2.13 is started, GDP work will take place on 2.13 and the separate branch will cease to exist.