Re: Atomic expression?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Atomic expression?
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 13:06:57 -0700

Francisco Vila wrote:
I'm sorry, cannot find an earlier message where Mr. percival asked if
"e'1" is an expression. He was aswered yes, just as "1" is a
(minimal) math expression.

IMO this is not so easy. [Numerical or symbolical] math expressions
can substitute another expressions as long as sintaxis allows it.
But, can e'1 without curly braces substitute a true expression as {
e'1 } ?

No, but this is a problem about documentation (which was the motivation for the question). Now that I know the answer, I can phrase the docs to explain this.

Cheers,
- Graham Percival, LilyPond Documentation Editor