Small update for 11.6.5 "Proportional notation"

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Small update for 11.6.5 "Proportional notation"
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 23:08:58 -0500

Hi Graham,

I know GDP won't get to the spacing stuff for a while. Even so I
thought it was important to go ahead and submit this change to 11.6.5
"Proportional notation". Feel free to file away and ask me to resend
when GDP advances to spacing. It's the addition of a single paragraph.
About midway down the 11.6.5 "Proportional notation" page, change ...

%%% OLD %%%

Our two-staff example now spaces exactly, our rhythmic relationships
are visually clear, and we can include a measured timeline or graphic
if we want.

The SpacingSpanner is an abstract grob that lives in the Score
context. As with our settings of proportionalNotationDuration,
overrides to the SpacingSpanner can occur in any of three different
places in our input file – in the Score \with block, in a Score
\context block, or in note entry directly.

%%% END OLD %%%

... to ...

%%% NEW %%%

Our two-staff example now spaces exactly, our rhythmic relationships
are visually clear, and we can include a measured timeline or graphic
if we want.

Note that the LilyPond's proportional notation package expects that
all proportional scores set the SpacingSpanner's 'uniform-stretching
attribute to ##t. Setting proportionalNotationDuration without  also
setting the SpacingSpanner's 'uniform-stretching attribute to ##t
will, for example, cause Skips to consume an incorrect amount of
horizontal space.

The SpacingSpanner is an abstract grob that lives in the Score
context. As with our settings of proportionalNotationDuration,
overrides to the SpacingSpanner can occur in any of three different
places in our input file – in the Score \with block, in a Score
\context block, or in note entry directly.

%%% END NEW %%%

This adds a crucial piece of information about a proportional notation
settings dependency (which your update to bug #169 just made me
realize).

--
Trevor Bača
address@hidden