Re: MIDI staffs or voices?

From: Ian Stirling
Subject: Re: MIDI staffs or voices?
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 20:58:02 -0400

On Sunday 28 October 2007 17:42:09 Juergen Reuter wrote:

> Yes, but according to the GM standard channel #10 is reserved for drums;
> hence only 15 are left.

  GM standard was foisted on to the industry by Roland,
and many synth makers still do not comply with it.
 My Kurzweil PC2R pays lip service to GM by supplying
GM sounds to be loaded into user memory. I never use it.
Channel 10 is just another channel for me, and in the
following music, the 'cellos are on channel 10 of the
PC2R.

Ian,  http://www.opus131.com/music/mozart40.mp3