Re: Nested contexts - fix

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: Nested contexts - fix
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 09:36:24 -0500

On 10/29/07, Rune Zedeler <address@hidden> wrote:
> Back in 2001 I made a patch to allow for nested StaffGroups.
> Unfortunately the introduced cycle in the context-hierarchy introduced a
> infinite loop in lilypond, leading to a stack overflow.
> I therefore replaced the nested StaffGroups with StaffGroup and
> InnerStaffGroup - as some sort of temporary solution. But here, after 6
> years, they are still there.
> Tried to push patch to my branch in git, but as stated in other mail, I
> have git problems.
> So I attached patch instead.
>
> Afaics the attached patch fixes the simple "Context pointing directly to
> itself" version of the problem (i.e. it does NOT fix A->B->A style
> loops). I think that applying this patch will allow for StaffGroups to
> accept StaffGroups - so the we can discontinue use of InnerStaffGroup
> and InnerChoirStaff for anything but staffgroups containing choirstaves
> and vice verca.

Oh this is very cool ...

Way back whenever during my first couple of weeks setting up
orchestral score in lily I was deeply baffled by the inability of
StaffGroups to contain StaffGroups ...

I wonder if the system start delimiter stuff should eventually be
gotten rid of and just derive directly from the context nesting
structure?

--
Trevor Bača
address@hidden