Request: Beta-testers

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Request: Beta-testers
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:53:52 +0100

On the 29th of october I posted a beta-fix for nested contexts.
Before we polish it and include it in lily we need to ensure that it works.
For now the fix only allows for directly nested contexts so that staffgroups can contain staffgroups and choirstaves can contain choirstaves. We still do not allow longer cycle nestings - staffgroups and choirstaves can still not contain each other at the same time.

I feel certain that if this patch works, then it will be trivial to expand it to also allow for length-two-cycles.

If some of you who know how to build lilypond, and has some large .ly files with innerstaffgroups would try and apply the patch and report here whether it works?

Especially notice whether setting contexts at score level from within the inner staff group works.

To test the patch, just download and apply it, rebuild lily, and add

\layout {
  \context {
    \StaffGroup
    \accepts "StaffGroup"
  }
  \context {
    \ChoirStaff
    \accepts "ChoirStaff"
  }
}

at the top of your .ly, and replace all "inner" contexts with their corresponding context.

-Rune