Re: Newbie question about variable durations

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Newbie question about variable durations
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 06:13:26 +0100

Ben Fagin skrev:
I have a program that generates random notes. It turns each of the
notes into variables that scheme can understand (noteone = ees'
notetwo = g,,   etc).

I am sorry, I still don't understand what you want.
Why do you want scheme to understand the notes?
If you just want to add your own notenames to the existing notenames then you can do it like this:

%%% BEGIN %%%
myPitchnames = #`(
        (myowndeepceses . ,(ly:make-pitch -2 0 DOUBLE-FLAT))
        (myownf . ,(ly:make-pitch 1 3 NATURAL))
)

pitchnames = #(append pitchnames myPitchnames)
#(ly:parser-set-note-names parser pitchnames)

{
  c' d' e' f' myowndeepceses2 g'4 a' myownf1
}

If this is not what you need then please explain.

-Rune