Re: GPD: official shortest note in lilypond

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GPD: official shortest note in lilypond
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 06:17:02 -0800

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
I think it would be better to phrase it as:

There is no fundamental limit to note durations (both in terms of
longest and shortest), but the number of glyphs is limited: there are
flags up 64th and rests up to 128th. At the other extreme, there are
note heads up to longa (4x whole note) and rests up to maxima (8 x
whole?).  Since beams can be extended arbitrarily, beamed notes can be
arbitrarily short.

Ok.  I'm not certain that people care about the difference between
glyphs and "program limitations", but this is in a @refbugs, so it's
already on a more technical level.

I think this discussion is over.