Re: hello and some questions

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: hello and some questions
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 01:07:54 +0100

Eduard Drenth skrev:

Can anyone give me a hint? Is there documentation available to start
looking when I have questions like these? Should I learn scheme? Should
I learn something else?

First of all, welcome!
Yes, you should definitely learn scheme - there is a tutorial in the lilypond docs, I can recommend "The Scheme Programming Language" that is available online from http://www.scheme.com/tspl3/

In lilypond everything that is followed by a # is a scheme expression. So the string that contains the postscriptcode is a scheme expression. Therefore you can use the string manipulation functionality of scheme to insert variables into the string.

-Rune