Re: merge main -> GDP

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: merge main -> GDP
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 11:58:33 +0100

Le vendredi 16 novembre 2007 à 15:43 -0800, Graham Percival a écrit :
> John Mandereau wrote:
> > I suggest to junk current lilypond/gdp then create a new branch starting
> > from master, and merge this new branch and master regularly, with no
> > more rebasing (like what I do with lilypond/translation).  There are
> > other options, but this one seems to me the most reasonable.
>
> I'll let a GIT person respond to this; I really don't know enough about
> git to judge whether this is the best solution or not.  It sounds fine
> to me.

Practically, it means GDP Git trackers will have to start a new local
branch (starting from the new gdp branch) and pull from the new gdp
branch.  To avoid confusion, it's better to give it another name -- I'm
not very inspired, what about lilypond/new-gdp? :-p  I'll create this
branch as soon as .35 is released and we agree on the branch name.

> 2)  Don't merge main->GDP any more often than immediately after a .11
> release.

This update frequence is ideal for GDP, so let's do so.

Cheers,
John