GDP technical todo

From: Graham Percival
Subject: GDP technical todo
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 12:33:30 -0800

If you're sitting around, wondering how you could support the wonderful GDP but lacking the energy to rewrite docs, there's a nice list of technical issues here:

http://web.uvic.ca/~gperciva/todo/technical-todo.txt

... actually, I'll paste it here as well...

ITEMS REQUIRING TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE

DO SOON / URGENT
- @lilypond[quote]  doesn't seem to work in PDFs.  File a bug
  report.
- @image  doesn't seem to work in offline-root.  Found in
  fundamental.itely = LM 3.3.1 Contexts explained.

MODERATE
- prettify "Snippets" page.
- (maybe) add links to PDF for snippets
- (better solution) make all-in-one PDF for snippets
- make tarball/zip of PDFs for download.
- (maybe) move pdfs to a separate page (easier listing for
  download sizes), plus enouraging downloading the tarball.

BUGS ANNOYING THE DOCS

MEDIUM
- sometimes @rglos{} points to Documentation/music-glossary
  instead of Documentation/user/music-glossary.  I have *no* clue
  how this happens, and it's not even consistent.  :/
- integrate the Snippets directly with the manual: add a
  @lsrinclude{} to lilypond-book, which extracts the
  \header{ texinfo="" } and the actual lilypond code, inserts that
  into the .itely / .itexi / .texi  file, and generates docs from
  it.

FAR-OFF FUTURE
- split HTML by numbered sections.  See docs for texi2html.  Some
  perl knowledge required.
- (scheme)  change the Internals Reference docs to be easier to
  read.