Re: \times -> \tuplet (was Re: Issue 566 in lilypond: showStaffSwitch ->

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: \times -> \tuplet (was Re: Issue 566 in lilypond: showStaffSwitch -> \staffSwitchOn)
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 10:32:25 +0100

2008/1/30, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden>:

> it's actually possible to have
>
>   \func #2/3
>
> but you would loose the difference between 4/6 and 2/3

Wow, that's interesting! I have been browsing the whole R6RS
specification to see if Scheme could accept fractions as arguments,
but I couldn't come up with anything... Anyway, the use of a hash
character just makes it even more annoying than \times, \tuplet or
whatever.

I'd definitely vote for tuplet (or, in a more extreme way, my
minimalistic \t approach :-)

Cheers,
Valentin