Re: Incipits

From: Till Rettig
Subject: Re: Incipits
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 22:07:45 +0200

Whow, this is really great. I guess from that base it is somehow simple to have also
changing of notehead/flags etc styles possible -- and not to forget: for most socres
of renaissance music the ligature-engraver will have to be added to the score and
the ligature bracket engraver removed (which will have to be restored for the main
score, where there are usually notated as brackets to indicate the original ligatures).
Esp. the spaces between the incipit and the starting bracket makes it look really
good to me, in opposite to what most publishers do today (maybe this is due to Sibelius,
which just isn't able...)
I will be a happy user!

Greetings
Till

Nicolas Sceaux schrieb:

Grr, I just wanted to simply print two different clefs at the
beginning of a score, and now I found myself trying to implement
full featured incipits, damnit!

I have something, based on the instrument name hack, which gives
the following result:

The score looks like:

\score {
  \new StaffGroup <<
    \new Staff <<
      \set Staff.instrumentName = \markup Toto
      \vocalIncipit { \clef "neomensural-c1" c'4 d' e' f' }
                    \lyricmode { do ré mi fa }
      \new Voice = melody {
        \clef "treble" c'4 d' e' f'

        c'1
      }
      \lyricsto melody \new Lyrics \lyricmode { do re mi fa }

    \new Staff <<
      \set Staff.instrumentName = \markup Titi
      \incipit { \clef "neomensural-c2" c'4 g c'2 }
      {
        \clef "alto" c'4 g c'2
        c'1
      }

    \new Staff <<
      \set Staff.instrumentName = \markup Tutu
      \incipit { \clef "neomensural-c3" c'4 g c'2 }
      {
        \clef "alto" c'4 g c'2
        c'1
      }

  \layout {
    indent = 5\cm
    ragged-right = ##t
    \context {
      \Staff
      \remove "Instrument_name_engraver"
      \consists "Incipit_engraver"
    }
  }
}

Is it nearer to people expectations wrt to incipits?

nicolas