Re: Incipits

From: Till Rettig
Subject: Re: Incipits
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 10:19:39 +0200

Nicolas Sceaux schrieb:
Le 3 févr. 08 à 21:07, Till Rettig a écrit :

Whow, this is really great. I guess from that base it is somehow simple to have also changing of notehead/flags etc styles possible -- and not to forget: for most socres of renaissance music the ligature-engraver will have to be added to the score and the ligature bracket engraver removed (which will have to be restored for the main score, where there are usually notated as brackets to indicate the original ligatures).

My first idea was that the note head, clef, etc, styles and the
engraver settings would be set in the \incipit functions: it would be
up to the user to define a custom \incipit function based on the
default one. But maybe, using an IncipitStaff context, which properties
would be overridden in the score layout block, that could be done more
easily. That's what I'll try.

But there are some flaws in the instrument name hack appraoch. The notes
are not aligned (which may or may not be a problem), and the alignment
of the incipit with the staff is manually tuned (hence the use of two
\incipit and \vocalIncipit functions is the example).
Yes, I see the problem. I am sorry that I can't really help since my programming language knowledge is still too bad. But I just thought, if it wouldn't be possible to make the changes in the following way: Instrument-name looks if there is something still coming between the instrument name and the staff. This would in our case then be the incipit-engraver. And it it could be tuned to be not centeraligned as now but top aligned
with the top of the staff.
Hmm, I just have no clue how to do this...
Otherwise it seems your solution so far is really usable!

Greetings
Till

nicolas