Re: [patch] first-clef property

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: [patch] first-clef property
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 23:49:49 -0200

2008/2/2, Juergen Reuter <address@hidden>:

> However, I see a very important feature missing in this approach:
> An incipit should (at least in my view) be thought of as the beginning of
> a piece written in notation that comes close to the autograph or first
> publishing.  That is, the incipit actually starts the music.  Then, at
> some point (e.g. after the clef or after the first note of each voice or
> after the first few notes), the music is reset to its start, the notation
> switches to modern style, and printing starts again, this time from the
> very beginning to the very end.

Hi,

I concur with Juergen here.  Since the incipit is a completely
different piece of notation (eg. whose spacing and beat counting
should not influence the main music), this should be implemented
similiar to the hack with a \score inside the instrument name.

I think the best approach is to figure out what the problems with that
approach are, and try to solve those.