Re: Doc addition - make-pango-font-tree

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Doc addition - make-pango-font-tree
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 13:23:16 +0100

Risto Vääräniemi wrote:
Should the Section 1.8.2 Text markup - Font selection have a text
describing how the make-pango-font-tree parameters should be used.
Something like:

%%%%
If the set-global-staff-size is used for changing the global staff
size, the \myStaffSize should be set to the same value. The value 20
inside the make-pango-font-tree should be kept unchanged. In addition,
the set-global-staff-size should be defined before the font
definition.
%%%%

Probably under the "roman: foo bla bar" image.

Feel free to change the text or send you opinions.

Keeping the description at a cookbook level, as you propose, is one alternative. Another alternative is to describe more clearly what the different parameters
actually mean.
Also, do we really need this silly scaling by 20 for the last parameter?
Even better, couldn't we get rid of that parameters completely, and make a
function that figures out the staff size setting in the current module?
In my opinion, the current user interface to do these font settings is horrible.

   /Mats