Re: Incipits

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: Incipits
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 16:55:59 +0100

Le 8 févr. 08 à 22:37, Nicolas Sceaux a écrit :

Here is draft patch: the Instrument_name engraver is used to create an
Incipit grob before the first line when an incipit has been specified.
There are several problems in it:

- how can I access the paper object from the engraver? I need a scaled
output definition to format the incipit score. There are paper_ slots in
Book and Paper_book classes, but I don't see how to get there from an
engraver. As a workaround, I used a context property to pass the
$defaultpaper object to the engraver, but that sucks.

- there is a garbage problem:
programming error: Parsed object should be dead: static scm_unused_struct* Prob::mark_smob(scm_unused_struct*) How do people usually track this kind of issue? (I tried to unprotect some
objects, but this last one is still missing).

Both these problems are solved in the following patch.
Do core developpers see a problem with it?