Re: reverted automatic-verison-number

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: reverted automatic-verison-number
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 11:50:30 -0800

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 15:53:50 +0100
John Mandereau <address@hidden> wrote:

> Le lundi 25 f__vrier 2008 __ 18:13 -0800, Graham Percival a __crit :
> > I have reverted the automatic-version-number patch in order to
> > continue working on the docs.  Please do NOT re-apply this
> > patch until you are certain it works with GUB doc-building.
>
> The problem happens in Texinfo processing with TeX, so as far as I
> understand it has little to do with which LilyPond binary you use, but
> I'll check with EXTERNAL_BINARY to make sure.

I'm using texinfo 4.11, and I just checked and couldn't see a 4.12.
What version are you using?

> This tries to add exact version number (iso. 2.11.x) to Info docs,
> which isn't directly available otherwise.  Additionnally, it avoids
> updating version numbers manually, i.e. with sed or by hand, as
> convert-ly doesn't update all version number occurences.

convert-ly most definitely *does* update the version numbers.

This does solve another problem, though: the templates (with LSR-import)
don't have any version numbers, so we might be able to use this to
add version numbers to them.