Re: Using texi2html for the documentation

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Using texi2html for the documentation
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 05:40:31 -0700

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 12:23:45 +0100
John Mandereau <address@hidden> wrote:

> > That's exactly the reason, why I'm pointing at improving the
> > appearance of the web page ;-) Our documentation is really great,
> > the application itself, too, only the start page looks a bit bare
> > compared to what gems are hidden behind it...
>
> There have already been some proposals on the lists, but it looks like
> none has made enough enthusiasm to adopt it.

That's because we (deliberately) haven't advertized it on the
-user list.  If there's one thing we can count our users to do,
it's to argue about the appearance of web pages.

Oh, wait... if by "the start page" you mean the basic index.html,
that's deliberate.  We're not playing with that page until GDP is
closer to finished, so we actually know what material we might want to
add to that page.