Re: Using \\ in a texinfo macro argument generates \ in html, but \\ in

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Using \\ in a texinfo macro argument generates \ in html, but \\ in pdf
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 13:59:34 +0200

Graham Percival wrote:
> BTW, are the other issues getting fixed in texinfo CVS / SVN /
> whatever they use?  If so, do you feel like installing it on
> kainhofer.com, so that we can see what the docs look like with all
> these bugfixes included?

I regularly update texinfo.tex in Lily sources from Texinfo CVS -- last
time was this morning -- so bugfixes will quickly show in PDF output
anyway, and we're going to switch to texi2html for translated docs, so I
don't think it's so urgent.  Anyway, Texinfo 4.12 is planned for very
soon (current pretest is 4.11.95).

> The bugfixes won't show up on the official 2.11 docs on
> lilypond.org, but hopefully texinfo 2.13 will be out before lily
> 2.12.  And it would be nice to tell people "look at the docs on
> the GDP server, and let us know if you find *any* errors".
>
> There's no urgency in this; waiting a month will be fine.
> Actually, we should probably do the introducion of texi2html on
> -user and get all those issues settled first, anyway.

Bugfixes in Texinfo PDF output will actually show up in officially
distributed docs.  As for HTML output, I hope we'll be able to switch to
texi2html before 2.12 -- this should even be a thing to be done before
2.12 IMHO.

Cheers,
John