Re: adding IR links

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: adding IR links
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 11:33:02 -0700

On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 20:11:40 +0200
"Valentin Villenave" <address@hidden> wrote:

> We need to be careful with these references, that can get outdated
> very quickly (for instance, the text-balloon-interface has now become
> the balloon-interface and therefore the link was broken).

Unavoidable.

Well, maybe not.  Project for your consideration, John:

Add a dedicated "documentation" mode for convert-ly.  This would
automatically do things like --from --to.  And more importantly,
it would look for
@internalsref{\foo}
@code{\foo}
and automatically update those to \bar (if a convert-ly rule
exists for such a thing)

(instead of a "dedicated" doc mode for convert-ly, perhaps adding
more command-line options, and then dumping a script in
buildscripts/convert-docs would be better... for that matter, I'm
also not comfortable with the \version string in
fundamental.itely; we should have a LAST-VERSION or some such file
in Documentatation/  which the convert-docs script would
automatically updated)