Using Voice instead of Staff for lyrics

From: Greg Swinford
Subject: Using Voice instead of Staff for lyrics
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 02:11:36 -0700 (PDT)

Could I recommend that there be a warning to the user if a file uses lyrics
(using the associatedVoice method) with a Staff rather than a Voice. I've
just spent a frustrating two hours trying to figure out why the lyrics of
one voice were being affected by the notes of the voice above, before I
realised that each one was a Staff rather than a Voice. The problem was
fixed immediately when I changed them to Voice.

An example of the problem is below:

Many thanks,
Greg.

---