Re: texi2html & Learning Manual

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: texi2html & Learning Manual
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 12:26:14 +0100

Graham, you wrote
On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 00:19:09 +0200
Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden> wrote:

Am Freitag, 11. April 2008 schrieb Trevor Daniels:
> I've just been trying to build the Learning Manual with texi2html,
> and it coughs over a distributed @itemise in section 4.6.1 Other
> uses for tweaks, probably because I tried to use @item to generate
> a heading with a bullet. This works with texinfo.  Have you tried
> the Learning Manual yet?

I'm already building the whole documentation of Lilypond with
texi2html: http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/texi2html-out/

Trevor: bear in mind that you're using texi2html from five years
ago or so (I think 1.7.3 is 2003, at least).

> I'm  wondering if I should change this construct or whether this
> can be fixed in texi2html?

I wonder why there should be bullets at all. I would rather go with
@unnumberedsubsubsec or something like that. (But then, I'm not
responsible for the docs, so this is Graham's/John's/Valentin's call
-- no idea who has really the last word on this)

You shouldn't be using headings and @itemize.  Pick one or the
other... in this case, I'd probably go with headings and no
@itemize.

OK. I've lost the @itemize. This was an experiment late last year, I remember now, because you didn't like the headings being the same size as the subsection. I tried a variety of ways and this one must have been left.

Trevor