Re: subsubsubheadings

From: Till Rettig
Subject: Re: subsubsubheadings
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 09:33:51 +0300

Graham Percival schrieb:
Oh yeah, I remember now.  OK guys, here's the problem: we've run
out of headings.  Texinfo supports
@heading   - used for sections
@subheading  - used for subsections
@subsubheading  - used for subsubsections

We need one more.  In NR 1+2, we need it for the portions of each
doc page: predefined, snippets, seealso, knownissues.
Why can't we define our own headings with macros -- I mean redefine the heading font size, boldness and whatever to fit our ideas? Chapter and section could be equally sized, then subsection and subsub. a bit smaller and finally the unnumbered small devisions in a text sized but bolded font?
Is this not possible in texinfo?
In the LM, we could use some headings to divide the pages, such as
4.1.4 Tweaking methods
http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/user/lilypond-learning/Tweaking-methods.html

In HTML, it looks iffy when the inside-page headings are as big as
the subsubsection headings, but it isn't absolutely terrible.  In
PDF, it looks much worse.

Any suggestions?  For HTML, we could use some CSS.  For PDF (and
info), I'm not certain what to do.