Re: GDP: translations and code comments

From: Till Rettig
Subject: Re: GDP: translations and code comments
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 08:20:14 +0300

John Mandereau schrieb:
Done.  FWIW the script that collects strings to be gettextized found 120
non-unique names of variable definitions and 183 comments in
Documentation/user/*.itely (only snippets with verbatim option are
scanned).  input/ is not scanned for now; Francisco, Till, just let me
know when you need it.
Do you mean you wrote them already to the .po files? I wonder, after the last update, there are again quite a lot of foreign language messages (like some french and spanish messages in the de.po), how does the script actually work? Are they those that have no equivalent in English so they should be fixed at some point? Why do they come to the de.po? I think Francisco asked this already a couple of weeks ago. Is there anything that should be done about these messages, or just leave them?

I'm quite unclear anyway about the translation status, what should be done next? Graham doesn't yet want new sections to be translated, should we already start migrating translation branch to the new build scripts (was it texi2html)?

Ok, sorry for the bunch of questions. Don't have so much time at the moment to investigate.

Greetings
Till
Cheers,
John