Re: snippet authorship

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: snippet authorship
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 01:32:16 -0700

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 10:24:12 +0200
"Valentin Villenave" <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2008/4/24 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
>
> >  Compromise: could makelsr.py ignore
> >  % GDB: ...
> >  lines? That way we could tag snippet authorship with
> >  % GDB: Thanks to Foo Bar for this snippet
> >  without cluttering up the official docs.
>
> Yes, but that way the author's name won't be displayed at all (even
> the comment will be stripped out).

Umm, yes.  That is exactly the point.

Look, we don't tag the .itely files with individual names.
@c the next paragraph was written by Graham, edited by Trevor,
@c and proofread by Francisco and Neil.

@c the next paragraph was written by Trevor, approved by Graham,
@c proofread by...

We have a THANKS file for a reason -- adding attributions to every
single contribution is unweildly.

> I don't have any solution, but it's a pity that we always have to
> print either the *whole* code verbatim or no code at all.

Not a pity at all.  We /want/ to show the whole file.  With the
exception of the automatic paper formatting stuff that
lilypnod-book does for our manuals, we want to show people exactly
what commands they should use to produce the file.

> Could there be a way to implement a new command such as
> @lilypond[fragment, quote, selectedVerbatim]
>
> This could be a valuable tool for documentation as well. Thoughts?

Not worth the effort.